proudly bringing the community to nature
We are working on our new website. If you have a hard time finding what you need please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration and Enrollment
Contact us today!
Billing & Reservations:
Phone: (213) 266-2209
Testing and Standards
Due to CDC/city/state Covid regulations:
- You will have to take your Childs temperature before leaving your house and bringing them to preschool.
- If your child has a temperature or shows any signs of flu or fatigue, you will keep them home.
- Teachers are required to wear masks in the van. It is to the parents discretion to have their child wear a mask in the van. Once we are out in nature, no masks are required.
- You will have to provide your child with their own snacks, lunch, water.
- There will be no sharing of food.
We will have children wash hands several times day. We are usually by a source of water and if we aren’t, we will bring water and soap for hand washing.
We advocate for our children’s birthright to have chunks of unstructured free play in Nature as part of there busy weekly schedules…
“Look deep into nature and then you will understand everything better.”
We offer four outdoor programs in our Santa Monica & Malibu mountains and beaches:
- The Nature Preschool for kids ages 3 to 5
- The Nature After School for kids ages 3 to 12 & Nature Educational programs to supplement distant learning.
- The Nature Day Camps for ages 5-12
- Adventure Overnight Camps for ages 12-16
“Like a California Oak Tree, Nature Kids grew organically out of love for nature and children. After 10 years, its roots have spread deeply in our creative community. Come say hi and let’s go play in the wild!” – Christopher Pierre, Chief of LA Nature Kids
Drop offs: Clover Park in Santa Monica
M-F: 8:30am – 1:30pm
Aftercare offered until 3:30pm
Our Chief & Teacher
Christopher Pierre was raised in Switzerland and has lived his adult life in between Switzerland, Tahiti and LA. He is a seasoned multi sport and adventure racer and has also been studying Aboriginal practices that incorporate a balance between nature and the human experience. He has 3 children of his own and speaks English, French, and German.
What Parents are Saying
“The kids learn about local plant life, what is avoided, what is eaten, and how to respect it.
They also learn to imagine and create with these settings.
These settings are home to some wonderful creatures and we all respect their homes. Giving children this natural setting to develop social skills, challenges them and warms their spirit..”
“If you are lucky to secure a spot at this amazing school then you are in for the absolute best experience for your child. Not only did our son, Beck grow in courage, compassion, and spirit, he made friends that will last a lifetime – not only with kids, but with his teachers too. THANK YOU Nature Kids!”
“WOW, no words to describe this. As a mom of two, very busy at work, and not into the very ridgid preschools I was so relieved to find this gem. They are relaxed yet responsible and my kids couldn’t wait to go to school every morning!
The teachers also the best! They come from highly experienced backgrounds yet have a spirit that is very gentle and exciting!”
YEARS IN BUSINESS
OF NATURE LOCATIONS
GREAT BIG FAMILY
LET'S EXPLORE TOGETHER!
Telephone: (213) 273-3176